10 Reasons to Fast from Facebook and Tumblr
(Also known as: a list of validation for this torturous fast I have gotten myself into in order to better myself as a person and strengthen my relationship with the Lord.)
- I am to be dependent upon nothing and no one but Jesus Christ.
- I am hiding behind a blog and an account out of laziness and as a result, I am missing valuable opportunities out there in the real world.
- My addiction to the Internet is affecting my sleep and causing me to lose an hour or two per night.
- I am allowing the interpretations of Tumblr and Facebook users to affect my worldview more than the Word of God itself.
- I should be spending more time with my family while I still can and learning from reliable sources.
- I’m avoiding the world outside on purpose.
- This has turned into a game of popularity and neediness for attention.
- It can be a source of great temptations and stumbling blocks. The fire doesn’t need fuel.
- It is a full-fledged addiction and an idol that I have put before God.
- I will never get back the hundreds of hours I have wasted and will waste, and life is too short for such frivolousness.
Friends, do me a favor and send me the link to this post every time I begin to whine at you about how stupid my fast is.